Friday, July 11, 2008

Friday Evening

It's Friday, and I'm thrilled. Yes, I know it's been less than a month since we got back from Cape Cod, but we're going away again next week. Every year we camp with a group of friends, who we call "the Clan". Usually we go far away, this year, not so far, but it will be a great time nonetheless.

My friend J. lives in NYC. We've been friends for almost 15 years, from when I used to live in NYC. Well, last year she was lamenting about getting out of the city for a while, and I was lamenting that I didn't have a cat sitter to take care of the girls. Aha!!! I, jokingly, asked if she wanted to come up here. In fact, she did. She had a great time, we had a great time, the cats were pretty happy, since they adore their Auntie J.

This year we have a local cat sitter, but J. still needs to get out of the city. This time, unlike last year, we'll actually get to see her. She's coming up tomorrow. We don't leave 'til Wednesday. This is going to be fun.

Today a client was telling me about a great place to pick blueberries. Really cheap (less than $2.00/lb). Hmmm...might there be great blueberry jam in our future? I wonder if J. wants to go blueberry picking. I know she likes making Jam. She's been here for canning season in the past.

I'm way behind on my Tour de Fleece spinning. I think I took on more than I can spin in the allotted time. Even if I don't get all of it spun up, I will ahve accomplished more spinning in a short amount of time than I have ever spun before, so I will consider it a success. Yes, I'm taking my wheel camping. That's one of the reasons I got the Sonata. Gotta remember to take an extra bobbin and some cheaper fiber with me. I know at least one person who is going to want to take her for a spin.

That's about it for today. I'll try do get a few more posts in before we leave.


No comments: